Nambour is the administrative centre for Maroochy Shire and main hinterland town for the Sunshine Coast.
Nambour is located to the west of the Bruce Highway in a valley just below the Blackall Range. Nambour was the original business centre of the Sunshine Coast due to the railway line passing through and the Sugar Cane industry .Nambour was home to the Moreton sugar mill which provided the prosperity to the town and is now closed. Sugar cane trains used to pass through the centre of town. Close to Nambour are the Big Pineapple and the popular hinterland villages of Montville and Maleny.
Nambour is the main railway connection for the Sunshine Coast and bus connections operate to Noosa and Maroochydore on the coast. In the centre of Nambour is Petrie Park with it's footbridges and Quota Park with a large adventure playground.
The Town of Nambour has many events being held at the Showgrounds in Coronation Street, each year including
• Nambour Rodeo
• Showjumping & Equestrian Events
• Q-Fleet Motor Auctions
• The Sunshine Coast Show: June 2011
• Queensland Home Garden Expo: July 2011
• Antique Car Club Swap Meet: Last Sat in July 2011
• Historical Motorcycle Club Qld
• Sunshine Coast Blues Festival in Sept 2011
• Sunshine Coast Pet Expo 31 Oct 2011
• Collectorama March 2011
• Sunshine Coast Dressage
• Relay for Life
• Rugby League & Rugby Union Grand Finals